CHANGE OF CREDIT CARD

CHANGE OF CREDIT CARD

Hello,

I reserved back in 2019 a trip to Paris with my credit card.

Today I wanted to cancel the reservation and get a full refund, but I can't because meanwhile I changed bank and that card is no longer active.

I called Airbnb on phone, I wrote to them on FB but right now I'm totally panicked, because I have 1.5 day to change the card (or I will lost 50% of amount).

The guy on the phone said to me he will call me back tomorrow and he marked my case us urgent....

Will they help me? Or what should I do?

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Erik1206 Well, it is doubtful that you will get a full refund. Did you read the terms of the cancellation policy for the listing you booked? You are bound by those, so I would make sure to be clear on that before assuming you are due a full refund. And you certainly won't get whatever Airbnb fees you were charged back- to get those back, you'd have had to cancel within the first 48 hours of making the booking.

In any case, don't wait for Airbnb to call you back- they seldom do. Call them again.

@Sarah977  I almost made the cancellation, I know very well how much money I should get back - I also read the policy. 🙂 My problem is that I need to change my card. So you suggest to call them again?

What if I cancel the reserved place and then Airbnb tries to refund the money for that card which is not even existing anymore? I just dont wanna run out of my refund time.

@Erik1206  Yes, call them again and don't let them fob you off by saying they'll get back to you. Tell them you've already been waiting fo a call back which never materialized. Obviously they can't refund to a card which no longer exists, so I'd get this worked out with them before cancelling, otherwise any refund you are owed could just end up in limbo somewhere.