CORONA OUTBREAK IS GETTING WORSE IN KOREA

Ekin23
Level 1
Taiping, MY

CORONA OUTBREAK IS GETTING WORSE IN KOREA

hii good evening here i want to cancel my booking due to corona outbreak, i hope the host can give me full return, i'm worried when my son comes home infected

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Ekin23   You should contact airbnb and ask for advice and to do the cancellation for you.   If travel to Korea is discouraged by your government or WHO, you should be able to get a full refund.  

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Coronavirus-outbreak-Information-on-Airbnb-s-extenuating/m-...

Hi @Ekin23  @Marit-Anne0 

You would think that would be the case even when the CDC has issue a level 3 warning to Avoid nonessential Travel. I'm trying to cancel a reservation in South Korea as well and Airbnb will not allow it without penalty. Here's what they sent me:

"Regrettably, as your host was unable to accommodate you, it does tie our hands and any refund outside of the cancellation policy will be up to your host's discretion.

I understand that this decision is not favorable to you. Despite this, I do suggest checking the listing description especially the cancellation policy for future reservations. In doing so, this kind of matter will be avoided in the future."

What does the extenuating policy cover then if not for something like this. Also please tell me how I can foreseen a global outbreak that's affecting the country I'm planning to visit so I can avoid this in the future. Ridiculous standard company reply.