Cancel guest reservation from South Korea 'Cause of Coronavirus?

Ned449
Level 1
Fullerton, CA

Cancel guest reservation from South Korea 'Cause of Coronavirus?

I am hosting a guest from South Korea where the coronavirus is spreading. The guest comes in about two and half weeks. I'm nervous about hosting the guest. I've contacted the guest and they said they too are very concerned about the virus. They told me they are not sick and are not showing any signs of sickness. I really don't like to cancel out of fear but I am a bit fearful. My wife is more fearful than I am. The US has not blocked travelers from South Korea yet. Any advice? Am I being over scared?

3 Replies 3
Evelyn0
Level 10
Arkport, NY

Check what the news are reporting, with WHO and CDC..  Right now CDC has a Level 3 CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to South Korea.

You might be able to cancel as extenuating circumstances.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ned449 

If you are both concerned I would suggest a mutual cancellation. Get the guest to start t he cancellation process and you confirm this with Airbnb- in exchange a full refund should be given to the guest including the Airbnb fee. 
it helps by mentioning to the guest on the Airbnb messages that you are happy to comply with the full refund, cancellation etc. 
good luck to you! 🙂

Brittani7
Level 4
Florida, US

People shed the virus before the start showing signs, making it hard to know whether someone is infectious or not.  Korea's numbers have escalated quite dramatically.   There's no telling what things will look like in 2 and a half weeks