Cancelation 10 days in advance - thank you

Stig-Henning0
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Cancelation 10 days in advance - thank you

Would be nice if we could be able to offer, as a host - a 10 days or 14 days cancellation for free.
This would make it much easier for people to book - and cancel - without loosing their money.. 

5 days in advance (moderate) as we have now is to little... 

If they book from saturday.. they have to cancel 5 days before, that means monday.

That means the people that search for you place in the weekend before - do not see your place, as its already booked.

Getting new bookings by people searching on workdays is possible.. but it would be better if you could offer "everyone" possibility to find your place.. and by that I mean that people that search for places normally searches either on weekends OR workdays. 

Having 10 days in advance would make both groups of searchers find your place!!

Would be nice to get thumbs up to see if others agree and find this a good solution. (thank you)

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stig-Henning0 

'" moderate" means people can cancel upto 5 days before check-in date for full refund.

Do you mean you want a cancellation policy which gives full refund when cancelled upto 10 or 14 days before check-in ?

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/475/cancellation-policies-for-your-listing

Stig-Henning0
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Yes, I would like people to be able to cancel upto 10-14 days before check-in, to get full refund.

This would make it easier for ME as a host to get new bookings. 
Only having 5-6 days to get new attendees is not easy. Not good for anyone really...

@Stig-Henning0  Then why don't you use the strict policy? If you get another booking for the cancelled dates, and you want to refund the guest more than what they are eligible for under the strict policy, you are always free to do that.

Stig-Henning0
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Because strict policy - means people do not book and they look elsewhere, simply because of the strict policy.  Just trying to reach out and see if others agree on this issue... 

The better options for customer, having several days (or predefined)  5-10-14 days in advance you can cancel booking.. maybe the more happier customers, which again leads to more using the services..