Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Cancellation Explanation

Kelly1208
Level 2
Smiths Falls, CA

Cancellation Explanation

Hello 

I can appreciate how busy you must be so I hope I won't be taking up much of your time, I'm just looking for some clarification.

We booked an Airbnb in Lisbon, Portugal from the 23nd of April till the 6th of March and we had to cancel due to Covid 19.

I did the refund online and I got credited change only from my $437.27 actual bill.

I have read the Covid Summary but still don't understand why my refund is not in full. We booked before March 14, 2020 and we are only 1 week shy of the April 14th ending date for a full refund but I feel that this is out of our hands and is classified as "extenuating circumstances". We are unable to fly to Lisbon, not our choice.

Could someone please assist me.

Thank you

Kelly **

**[Personal details removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kelly1208  You have posted this on a discussion forum for hosts and guests- this isn't Airbnb customer service. Yes, they are busy- all you can do is try to keep reaching them by phone or message and be patient. 

And you shoud remove your personal email info from your post- this is a public forum and posting this sort of info can leave you open to hacking.