Cancellation and refund_Covid 19

Giulia1049
Level 1
Padua, Italy

Cancellation and refund_Covid 19

Good afternoon,

I write because of the impossibility to travel and stay to one of your host from 29/12/2021 to 02/01/2022, because of Covid.

We were 6 people reserving the appartment: 4 of them were positive for Covid during that period.

We ask for refound if possible. I hope you can understand our discomfort and help us as much as possible.

I ask for your kind answer.

Thank you. Regards.

Giulia Sattin

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Oh, @Giulia1049 , you have reached a forum of hosts who are discouraged and exhausted by a system that expects them to act as their guests' travel insurance without the benefit of having received premiums. 

But here you go: Give Airbnb a call and explain your circumstances. It's all you can do, and you will likely get your refund.

Writing here does nothing except make the rest of us feel sorry for a fellow host who is about to lose income she cannot recover, as you blocked her calendar and the dates have passed. 

I hope your travel companions have recovered.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Giulia1049 This is also a forum for guests. I wonder what date you/your friends tested positive. Did you immediately cancel to give the host a chance to rebook their listing for New Year? Perhaps you were too ill to do so. Perhaps you thought it best not to do anything except ask for your money back some weeks later.