Cancelling a guest who has no photo (post booking)

Jody141
Level 6
Auburntown, TN

Cancelling a guest who has no photo (post booking)

Hi everyone,

I had someone book for later this month. He has one review, but no verified ID and no photo.  Naturally I assumed his photo would show up after he booked but it didn’t. I also confirmed that I had the “must have verified ID” tab set to on. 

After he booked and there was no photo I sent a message via the app requesting that he add a photo of himself as well as have his ID verified. It’s been a week so I can assume he does not intend to do this. 
Deciding I would cancel his stay, I went to reservations and picked “change or cancel” however I thought there would be a reason option such as “guest is not agreeing to house rules” or something similar. The reasons offered don’t apply to this situation. 
If I move ahead in the process, I can write in a reason but it appears I will be “dinged” for cancelling him. 

ideas? 

6 Replies 6
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Jody141 well if you cancel you will lose your SH status so I would call ABB and ask them to do so. You get one "freebie" a year. Explain that he should not have been able to book due to your settings and has been unresponsive to your requests.  

@Laura2592  Here is the Airbnb response 

55FCF82A-74D7-4E55-A09E-06CF841C96A8.png

@Laura2592  But I don’t see that option when I follow these directions. Am I missing something?

Yes.

Don't do anything through the website.  Call customer service.  Explain why you want to cancel. Have them do it.

If you do it online you will lose superhost status. You can also ask that the guest cancel but its doubtful if they are not following instruction or responsive.  

@Laura2592  

Thanks. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA