[Celebration] Lunch with Long Term Contributor on CC Forum our Famous @Robin4 from Barker South Australia.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

[Celebration] Lunch with Long Term Contributor on CC Forum our Famous @Robin4 from Barker South Australia.

It was a privilege to meet @Robin4 as he was passing through to South Australia from visiting his daughters for early Christmas, birthday and a surprise wedding.

It felt as if we were friends and hadn't seen each other for years. but my friendship has been across the internet via Zoom or reading his interesting articles or reading his advice to others with his wisdom and experiences.

Our intentions were to have a coffee, but I put on a light lunch for the traveller Robin.

While Robin was here, I thought I would ask how to translate Airbnb messages on my phone. And received a lesson Updating and reprogramming my phone but still no success.

The photo below shows my eagerness to learn.

Laurelle3_0-1702978105747.jpeg

It was time for Robin to leave and be on his way. So of course, the last photo below in extreme heat.

Laurelle3_1-1702978105805.jpeg

Airbnb has shown me that you can make a friendship over the waves that continue and turn into realality.

14 Replies 14
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

So lovely! 😍

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

So lovely @Laurelle3 that you got to have a catch up with @Robin4 .

i was meant to catch up with Rob and Ade when we were in Adelaide; but with eye surgery and family commitments, we just ran out of days and time. 

I'm expecting Rob will be fully booked come the “Gather round” for the AFL next year! Especially with games in Mt Barker! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Cathie19 

Cathie I knew you were on a tight schedule last time you were down here but, remember our door is always open to you.

We are planning a trip to Darwin in the next 6 months, so be prepared to pull out the fine crystal mate!

Cheers........Rob

What fine crystal???? Lol

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Oh @Laurelle3 , this is so heartwarming! It's amazing what a Community can do to bring people together, to form and grow relationships into blossoming friendships. Do you have plans to meet up again in the future? 

@Robin4 - you may have to give us all some tech advice too! 😅 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Rebecca at this stage nothing is planned. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Well it's lovely you got this time together, and just in time for the festive season. 😊

-----

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Laurelle and Alex.jpg

Now come on @Laurelle3 , it wasn't just a light snack, a spread like that would not have been out of place in the Ritz!

I felt so humbled as the food and freshly made coffee just kept on coming out!!!

It was an absolute joy to spend an hour or two with you and Alex, what a wonderful couple you are, I felt an instant bond with Alex and to see through your Airbnb cottage and the loving way you prepare it for your guests and your attention to detail.....you provide an experience beyond compare Laurelle, you are an absolute hosting role model.

If there was a downside to the experience, my throat was seriously challenged!!!

As Laurelle has said, for the past 3 weeks I have been over on the East Coast for my eldest daughter, (Sarah's) 50th birthday celebration. It was an amazing event attended by more than 140 friends and relatives. One couple even flew in from the US for the evening!

But there was a secret agenda! Half way through the evening the veils and the wedding celebrant suddenly appeared and our Sarah and her partner Lisa got married. It was a total shock for most in the venue.

Sarah's 50 b.jpg

The love and joy in that room that evening was overwhelming.

I of course had to give my daughter away as 'Father of the Bride'........a duty which I had not actually contemplated sharing with another dad. But then again I had never really thought I would come across another farther who had as much love for his daughter as I had for mine! But there we were and I was as proud as punch to be where I was.

So, at the appropriate moment, to bring an aire of formality to the occasion, I stripped off my shirt to reveal my Tuxedo T shirt!

Sarah's 50 c.jpg

Wedding speeches are always a bit problematic! You never know what skeletons in the closet are going to be revealed! But I know how to handle these situations! I subscribe to the 3G principal.

Get the audience attention......Get to the point.....Get off!! I had rehearsed it for weeks and along with a few tears it got roars of laughter.

We all had the most wonderful evening but, it has taken 2 weeks for my throat to recover and Laurelle and Alex had to put up with a couple of coughing fits which I am sure made them feel a bit uncomfortable.

Laurelle, thanks so much for your incredible hospitality, with your permission I am going to make this a regular addition to my trips to the East Coast. You and I, we are the essence of Airbnb!

Cheers.........Rob.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Oh my God!! That tuxedo t-shirt is super cool @Robin4 😍

Thank you for making us a part of this absolute joy of friendship and spending time with family by sharing these happy pictures with us 🥳🥳. LOVED IT!!! Have a safe journey as you travel back home!!

@Laurelle3 Awww!! Such an amazing post. Thank you for making us believe in the power of friendships and community. This post truly makes me believe that we're only far away in distance, but will always remain closer to each other's hearts❤️ .

Thank you again for sharing such a warm and fantastic post with us🌻

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Robin4 I also love the tuxedo t shirt. what a wag you are.

Love is the most important thing in life. Our door is always open for a weary well traveler for a stopoff point for a chat, cuppa or pit stop. 

Thank you for your advice to others on the CC Forum page. I am always learning.

May your remaining year and many more with Ade continue.

I missed you this morning at the CC Forum zoom meeting. 

Till we meet again in reality.

Take care Robin I forgot the 4. That is your identification number.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Laurelle3  @Quincy 

Sorry I could not make the meeting this morning, our internet went down and has only been restored an hour or so ago. 

I was so looking forward to chatting with everyone again but, unfortunately it wasn't to be.

The irony of it, it wouldn't have mattered yesterday or tomorrow......Some times I feel I must have been some sort of undesirable in a past life and the balance of nature is being restored.  But I do have a lot to be thankful for, and the past 3 weeks have been wonderful catching up with family and friends, both old and new and our fantastic family event. 

Next time we meet up I will make sure I have Ade in tow Laurelle, all the best to you and Alex for Christmas and the new year and to all my other CC friends, love you all and have a great festive season.

Cheers.........Rob 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no, sorry to hear about the broadband downtime @Robin4! We'll definitely organise another catch-up next year 👀

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time with family and friends! 🎉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

Thanks @Laurelle3 @Robin4  for sharing this lovely story and you make everything possible! From an online chatting  to an offline friendship it is so incredible that you have such great hosts here

Sarah
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such a lovely post! Thank you for sharing this @Laurelle3 and @Robin4

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen