[Celebration] The Gift of Giving

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

[Celebration] The Gift of Giving

The gift of giving to me is caring and sharing and making a connection with our Airbnb guests. It is my way of communicating my feelings that we appreciate them staying with us.

Maybe I am different in that I like to give and not always take. Maybe it was my upbringing in that my parents had shown and influenced us of their values, beliefs, and behaviours.

Generosity has always been part of my lifestyle and my approach to Airbnb hosting. By opening my home to others gives me joy, happiness, and a sense of wellbeing.

When I first started hosting, I decided to give a hamper of breakfast foods to get the guests started. This idea was taken from our experience of being Airbnb guests in 2014 in the UK and we shared hosts homes breakfast was supplied.

This is our Welcome Hamper that we give to our guests after introductions I give them the hamper and explain that it is a gift to get them started as most of our guests have a travelled for a minimum 2 hours. My rationale it is a gift, an Ice Breaker and that we are prepared to go above and beyond their expectations and we hope they have a memorable stay.

However, I am sure they have read it past reviews, but they are surprised with the quantity and presentation.

Hamper contents for 2 Guests:

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 1.19.16 PM.png

The approximate cost of the Hamper food comes out to be approximately $28.00 for 2 Guests. We add extra for each extra Guests but we do charge $25.00 per extra person per night with a minimum of 2 nights. Sometimes food is left because our guests eat out or they are Vegetarians and they have packed their own food.

We consider this token of the Hamper Gift is our extension of friendship and welcome to our Guests.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 1.22.16 PM.png

The Gift of Giving is extended to children staying in our Airbnb.

To me children are an important part of the family as they represent a shared connection of love and togetherness. Children are the future of our Airbnb business, and we share or show our values of family traditions and their well-being.

When I hear their laughter or tears it tells me we are all in this together. I love seeing their inquisitive faces around the garden enjoying nature and discovering items in the garden. We have set aside a small area with Shaun the Sheep, shells, metal insects, a bird house with a small Blue Wren, mosaiced balls amongst the plants.

The private garden where Shaun the Sheep lives:

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 1.34.11 PM.png

We try to cater for families by providing the extras for example, a Porta cot, highchair, baby bath. These are on request, but I offer these if I think the child’s age is indicated.

Other items that I provide I consider as a gift are; cot linen and disposable cot mattress protector, nappy bin, baby wash for bath, baby wipes, children’s crockery children’s eating utensil and a night light. I provide these items to make life easier for the parents as often something is left behind.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 1.36.12 PM.png

Hosting to me is Caring and Sharing.

What I enjoy is creating a memorable experience that goes beyond accommodation and I try to make the child or children feel welcomed and special during their stay.

This is where my other love of crafting and sewing comes into play. A colouring book is made with their name on and a small gift that may be bought or made by us. I consider it a small gesture that can leave a lasting impression and contribute to an experience to remember.

A collection of items we have made are below.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 1.36.24 PM.png

Lastly, We try to make the parents stay hassel free because the saying is

Happy Child Happy Parent in the end the review is what is passed on to the next Guest.

These are my garden friends that come to visit.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 1.38.29 PM.png

24 Replies 24

Yeah @Laurelle3 , we give a little gift souvenir for all of our guests. Everyone seems to really enjoy them. Say a little basket with some souvenirs to remember their stay.

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Laurelle3  @Quincy 

I thought your post great  and informative.  I even suggest to a newbie in the Business Listing Forum to read for  a good perspective of how to create an environment not  just a rental.   Maybe @Quincy can promote your advice for newbies.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's a great tip @Marie8425 ! We'll surely try to share this amazing and informative post to the new members visiting our Community 😍🌻.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika @Laurelle3 

I shared again today.  A newbie with a beautiful home for rent.  Her pictures focused on displaying cleanliness which isn't bad but no display of warm and welcoming.  I told her this post was great advice, I am using to revigorated my rentals

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Marie8425 ! 🌻🤗

-----

@Bhumika 

I  don't know how, but I am sure you could like copy this post and post on the Listings and Business Support pages.  I  think verry  valuable advice.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Marie8425 , That's a really thoughtful suggestion🤩 ! Thank you for sharing🌻

Unfortunately, keeping the content aspect in mind, we usually avoid duplicate content for our community's overall user experience. Therefore, we won't be able to replicate this particular post. However, our team is excited to encourage new hosts to visit and benefit from this wonderful post, as you suggested earlier 😍

-----

@Marie8425 you too have the sharing and caring to fellow Newbie Hosts. Spreading the word of Airbnbing is not just one side of the street. Take care and thank you for your thoughts.

Laurelle  

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Laurelle3 Just bumping you to the top again,  I love your advice

@Marie8425  I am now a Moderator/ Co-Odinator of our South Coast (NSW) Airbnb Group. So I am now taking advice, ideas from Airbnb Hosts who share an issue that may affect our Hosts in our FB group. 

I always promote our host to look at the World Community Forum and add the address/link to topics for them to read for themselves. As they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.