Charging a pet fee

Charging a pet fee

I have read many articles in the help center area about the frustration from hosts for Airbnb not automatically being able to charge a pet fee. 

But my question is that I have a booking now that is bringing a pet. I tried to request money but it says I cannot so it because the reservation is not paid in full yet. So does this mean I have to just wait and make sure I remember to do this later?  Hoping I don’t forget, how do I even know when the guest is paid in full?

Also has AirBnB given a target date to fix this issue and add it to when the guest books initially?

1 Reply 1
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Brian-and-Tosha0 

I'm not sure i have this right because I have personally never experienced this, BUT  i think you can only use the request money feature after the guest has paid in full. Usually that is at least one full week before check in - I think - more experienced guests can advise.

I don't believe airbnb see it as an "issue" that needs fixing - rather a protocol that they have in place.

I highly doubt it will be changed.

Hosts have been complaining and requesting changes to a great many things for years and years, and very little appears to alter. 

Hopefully someone will  be along shortly who is more experienced and knows for sure..