Co-Host Communication

Peter2651
Level 1
Hội An, Vietnam

Co-Host Communication

Can anyone explain to me this new asinine policy in which my Co-Host will no longer receive booking information or communication with guests?  I don't even live in the same country where my Airbnb is located.  My Co-Host is basically managing the property.  If she doesn't receive the bookings, I'll now have to relay all that information via text to her.  This change to me is ridiculous. 

6 Replies 6
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Peter2651 

Where is this new policy?

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Tore1
Level 2
Tromsø, Norway

I have a similar problem. The sensible thing would be to ask the airbnb administration directely.  Maybe anyone in the community can give an explanation?

@Tore1 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

@Peter2651 @Tore1 @Ricardo85 

Thanks for raising your concerns.

What will change is the way Hosts communicate with co-Hosts, as conversations between the two will no longer be supported within the Airbnb messaging tool.

This means Hosts will have to use other alternatives for staying in touch with their co-Hosts, such as e-mail and texting.

The way Hosts and co-Hosts communicate with guests will not change.

I hope this helps to clarify 🙂 

Thanks,
Liv

Tore1
Level 2
Tromsø, Norway

Thank you, Liv. 

Regards 

Tore1

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sounds like you've completely misunderstood the change in the policy @Peter2651  thats not what it says at all 😁

Josiah24
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

Understanding the change in policy still doesn't answer the question, "why"?  Were host to co-host in-app communications being abused or was the feature just too expensive to support?