Community Center Festival of Hospitality 2023 - get involved!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Festival of Hospitality 2023 - get involved!

Festival of hospitality airbnb.jpg

Hello everyone,

It's truly remarkable how the essence of hospitality has remained a constant thread throughout history, providing travelers with a welcoming environment and a sense of belonging away from their homes. As hosts, you play a pivotal role in shaping these experiences and creating lasting memories for your guests. 

We have a unique opportunity to come together and celebrate the spirit of hospitality in the Community Center.

From August 29th - September 1st  we will see the return of our 4th annual four-day Festival of Hospitality.

The event will be entirely online, full of great topics and fun conversation. You can revisit last year’s Festival by having a look here: Festival of Hospitality 2022.

By sharing experiences, tips, and knowledge, we can make hosting easier and enrich the travel experiences of guests. Furthermore, we can discuss the challenges you face in providing hospitality and how to overcome them. Whether it's communication barriers, cultural differences, or handling difficult situations, there's always room for growth and improvement.

We do need your help, though, so we would like to invite you to get involved.

Here are two ways:

1. Community Video: “I love hosting because…”

We would like you to record a 10-second video of yourself on your smartphone (or other device if you prefer). All videos will start with you saying “I love hosting because…”. 

We will stitch all the videos together to make our very own community video, which we will share to close out the festival.

How this works: 

• Start by recording yourself saying “I love hosting because…”
  • Record it in landscape mode, by holding your device horizontally. Videos sent in portrait may not be accepted. 
  • Ideal video formats: .mov or mp4
  • Send your video submissions to airbnb-cc@airbnb.com

If you want some inspiration, check out the video from 2022.

1. Create a detailed topic all about hospitality:

If you would like to create a topic to be included in the week, please comment below or contact me directly to discuss this further. 

We are asking for a maximum of 750 words, which we will translate into all the languages we support here on the CC to share during the Festival. Don’t forget to include some images as well!

Let's use this space to connect, learn from one another, and celebrate the beauty of hospitality. Together, we can foster a strong sense of community and support each other in a shared passion.

Thanks so much,

Quincy

**Deadline for submissions is August 22nd 2023 [Applications closed] ⚠️

*Disclaimer 

By submitting your video to the email address above, you authorize Airbnb to use your media, your first name, profile photo, and city and country of residence in marketing materials to promote Airbnb

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

28 Replies 28
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy in for a penny in for a pound, I will put my thinking cap on and write something again this year for hospitality in Airbnbing and what it means to me.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's lovely to hear @Laurelle3! I'll reach out to you shortly with some info 🤩 

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy 

***Where are all the hosts out there to participate in the

Festival of Hospitality.

I am sure there are hosts who have a short story or points of interest to pass onto other hosts who are located around the world 🌎  and what it means to you.

I am always interested in seeing and reading what it means to be a host from another part of the world and what your Hospitality is too your guests.

Laurelle from Downunder.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laurelle3

Just wanted to let you know that we're also reaching out to fellow Hosts in the background, but I will be tagging a few here who I think might be interested 🙂

@Clara116@Cathie19@Fred13 @Kitty-and-Creek0

@Solveig0  @Shwetank0 @Dawn241 @Storme0 @Alicia753 @LaWanna0  @Patricia2526 would like to participate?

-----

Hello guys. Sure I am interested 🙂

Shwetank

@Shwetank0 I am waiting to hear your story on what Hospitality means to you from India. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Shwetank0, good to hear from you again! I will be reaching out to you with some information soon! 🙂 

-----

Yay thank you! I am interested to share. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely, I will reach out to you shortly @Patricia2526! 🙂

-----

@Rachel1200 waiting to hear your hospitality in the Philippines. You have positive reviews for the extra mile that you give your guests.

Hi, I’m interested to see it

@Katya104 waiting to read your words from Bulgaria

Whatever you want I’ll tell you. Furthermore, I’m renting in both of the destinations- in Greece and in Bulgaria, so I can compare the tourists; the regulations; etc. 😊

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Quincy  Count me in on this very fun, helpful Festival for all hosts.

I sent you a message with my thoughts and ideas. Looking forward to hearing 

all the cool ideas and posts from Hosts all over the world.

Thanks for all you do,

Clara