Covid 19 financial support

Maarten48
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Covid 19 financial support

To whom it may concern, I am writing regarding your $250 million cancellation funds that I have read about on your website. Due to Covid 19 we received ALOT of cancellations and like alot of people we lost "alot" of much needed funds for our family 😥 When I read about your wonderful initiative I wondered if we were eligible for the 25% refund on cancellations that we incurred on our Air B +B due to Covid 19? I understand that you are busy but we are currently finding ourselves in financial difficulty due to this and any amount that we might receive would be grately appreciated. The reason for writing this is also to ask you for as quick a response as you can give in order to help us know more and relieve us of some financial burden by knowing that this fund might be coming our way. We understand that this is a busy and worrying time for alot of people but we look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience,please. We have really enjoyed being Air b and b hosts + look forward to those happy times again. Many thanks for reading this. Maarten and Margaret Bongenaar.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Maarten48 

We are a community forum of guests and hosts. If you want to speak to airbnb you will need to phone or contact them directly.

In terms of the 12.5% (not 25%) they are returning to superhosts, you will be notified of refunds as they occur in date order of when bookings were made.

Sorry to hear you are struggling financially.  Have you tried applying for welfare benefits and mortgage breaks? I believe in Ireland if you have whole listings you could also continue to offer STR for key workers.

Best of luck.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Maarten48 

Unless you have changed your cancellation policy recently then I am afraid that its unlikely that the cancellation funds will apply to you. 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Maarten48 

$250 Million Host Aid

Message from Airbnb - 20/04/20

* Hosts will receive an email when a support payment is issued.

* This email will have an attached csv file which they can open in  Excel or Google sheets to review details of all the reservations that were included in the disbursement

* If a host hasn't received an email yet, their disbursement hasn't been issued yet

Timeline for next waves of hosts to receive payments and emails

1. 20 April 2020 - 20K hosts
  2. 21 April 2020 - 145K hosts
  3. 22 April 2020 - 150K hosts
  4. 23 April 2020 - 184K hosts

Thanks again for being a valued Airbnb host.

Superhost Relief Fund

Starting on April 10, 2020, a specialized team at Airbnb will be inviting eligible Superhosts and hosts of experiences to apply for a relief grant via email.  Invitations to apply will go out first to long-standing Superhosts who are in the greatest financial need, by looking at the earnings decline from this year to last. This same team will evaluate applications and get in touch with hosts to let them know whether their applications are approved. All invitations will be sent out by May 15, 2020.

Cathy545
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Air bnb doesn't care.  The 25% is a joke and now with the new round of cancelations regardless if your in an area THAT HAS NO LOCK down they give refunds to June.  75 % of bookings are within 8 hour driving distance.  This is too much garbage from this uninformed website.  I can understand no flights but now just a blanket cancelations across the board.  Yep blowing up their phones until I get a supervisor