Covid reimbursement

Nicola2365
Level 1
Harbledown, United Kingdom

Covid reimbursement

Could somebody tell me please as a host.  what happens when a guest of 20 people decides to cancel the day before. Arrival And then Airb&b reimburse the whole amount back to them.  Didn’t anyone take covid insurance out when they make the booking. 
when we go away we have prove we have covid insurance 

could someone advise

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nicola2365 

The guest will have full refund if cancellation is a result of an "extenuating circumstance", as mentioned in the "extenuating circumstances policy". For COVID it means: full refund when the guest is infected (To be proved at Airbnb with documentation)

Does-the-extenuating-circumstances-policy-apply-to-my-reservation-during-the-covid19-pandemic

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

One of the party of 20 had Covid, @Nicola2365 ? If that's the case, what happens is that they get reimbursed. It's the last holdout of the old "extenuating circumstances". 

I feel for you. It's hard to take that hit. By its very nature it is so close to arrival that rebooking the listing is nearly impossible. And a party of 20 is bound to have someone in it with a positive test, at least where I am, with cases climbing like mad. What is it like where you are?

I have seen it written here that even if they had travel insurance, their insurer would be aware of Airbnb's policy, and so it would use that (by "that", I mean you, the host) first. 

What a lovely barn you have! Sorry, I know that doesn't help. 

Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

On and on it goes! Sorry for you @Nicola2365 , it’s tough to take 100% of the hit. There may be small consolation in knowing you are not alone. 
Please send written feedback to @Alrbnb to indicate you are not happy with this aspect of the EC policy. That’s all you can do, unfortunately.