Dear host! You are your own!

Dear host! You are your own!

Long story short, we have a guest informed us two nights before her check in that she is bring her emotional support pet. We have no pet policy, I do understand about the EMA but we have a family member who has allergy to pet hair and pregnant. So for the safety of our house member we asked her to cancel and will give her full refund. She wants us to cancel, but we didn’t want to loose our super host statues, we asked her to do it. We told her many many time will give her money back even though she never inquired about the EMA. ( I usually get inquiries and she knew so much about the Airbnb policy, rules... etc so, she knew we will loose our statuses) So we asked Airbnb to help us out, they told us not to do anything until someone contact us. ( she was telling us she will take us to the court as well) At the end, 10min before guest check-in, they are saying they are not gonna do anything. She has been threatening us, abusing us and even stalked us.( she knew where my husband was working and my maiden name) just simply wow!

I informed to Airbnb all of this, at the end they are saying, you are your own.

dear hosts, don’t trust Airbnb, they won’t help you.

I am very disappointed with Airbnb how they treats or handle with there hosts. 

19 Replies 19

@Nanxing0  I do have a note from doctor, but Airbnb doesn’t care, all they have been telling us, we are discriminating our guest and the policy. So sad, no protection for host. 

@Hannah749 The representative that you talked to obviously doesn't know what he/she was talking about. This is very common with Airbnb customer service representatives. We noticed some of their CS workers are very unprofessional and don't know about their own terms at all. It is clearly stated in the Airbnb assistance animal terms that if you have allergy you are not required to accept assistance animal. Next time if a CS representative talks like this, just point this out to him/her and ask to speak to his/her supervisor. 

"It’s important to be aware of the fact that the assistance animal, whether a service animal or emotional support animal, plays an important role in your guest’s ability to travel. However, if your listing includes a shared space and an assistance animal would create a health or safety hazard to you or others (e.g. allergies and pets who are unable to share space with other animals due to a safety concern), we will not require you to host the guests with the assistance animal. Please be clear and polite when communicating with guests about this. We also suggest you include information regarding any allergies or any safety concerns regarding your pets in a shared space in your listing description in order to better inform prospective guests."

And here's the link

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1869/what-is-an-assistance-animal

@Nanxing0 thank you 🙇‍♀️

@Hannah749  It looks like you have an entire studio apartment contained within your house? If that area shares a ventilation/heating system with the rest of the house, it is essentially a shared building, and you most certainly can say no animals due to allergies.

State this clearly in your listing info.

Airbnb CS sucks, big time. They don't know what they're talking about.

@Sarah977 yes the studio has separate entrance but ventilation is shared. 
Thank you, I needed someone to talk about this who can understand and community has been very supportive!