Does Airbnb not post/post reviews in strange order?

Answered!

Does Airbnb not post/post reviews in strange order?

I'm a Super Host wondering if anyone else had the issue of Airbnb failing to post reviews?

I've hosted for a decade and only in the past month experienced their not putting up reviews that were 5 star glowing reports about my beach cottage.

When I phone support they say they see them and that will be up for the public in a few days -- that was 10 days ago and the review from this past week's guest is already up but the previous ones don't show up either on the website or when I check preview on my phone.

If one of you can check my link and see if you spot reviews by Vanessa or Aude I'd be grateful -- pls. send me a screen shot -- here's the link to my property.https://www.airbnb.co.uk/manage-your-space/311272/details

Many thanks & happy hosting!

Carey

1 Best Answer

@Carey-Adina0  The idea behind this ordering of reviews is that reviews from a user's home country will appear first when they look at your listing. It can look a bit weird when most of your guests are domestic travelers, but it can be a plus when you have a lot of international visitors. 

21 Replies 21
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Snehal1 I'm afraid not. His review and profile will show up whatever review he leaves.

But He does Not want to Review as it is shown in Public.  He can leave review only if it is internal and confidencial.

@Snehal1  There is no such thing. And what purpose would a review serve if it wasn't public? The entire purpose of reviews is to let future guests and hosts know about their experience so they can make a decision.

Does your guest not realize that he has a public profile by having an Airbnb account? Not leaving a review doesn't change that.

Suzanne386
Level 3
Mumbai, India

He can leave a private message in your inbox. That way only you will see it. 

Bob328
Level 1
Traverse City, MI

Is there a way to send a hot link (for a review) in a personal message to a guest?

Julie4614
Level 2
London, Canada

I'm new to Airbnb and as a previous guest who thought the platform was supported by reviews to help guest guide their choice of property and host guide their acceptance of guests and protection of property, I am not shocked as to why many guests who contact me have zero reviews. Why is this? Are we supposed to just use blind trust? Some guests have been on the platform since 2016-17 and no reviews, really? What's up? 
Also - cannot believe how poor the customer service support is. There is a huge opportunity here abnb to up your game at little to no cost. Underwhelming is all I can say. No one wants to read articles, I want to have a helpful back and forth with a knowledgeable CSR who is committed to resolving my query. 

Marcus488
Level 2
Wichita, KS

I just learned that Airbnb will no longer provide 5 star ratings part of one’s past reviews. You are required to make the judgment based only on the comments of hist .

My experience is that host comments and five star ratings can differ greatly at times.

Again, another control / manipulation added to make a host’s jobs harder and jeopardizes the safety of other guest and host to staying in one’s own home. And jeopardizing the assets of the host’s.