Ecological AirBNBs

Marko227
Level 1
Varaždin, HR

Ecological AirBNBs

Dears,

I just wanted to plant a seed, so we can maybe see a special category of AirBNBs one day.

I have been a superhost some time and have a 100% functional first Zero Waste apartment in Zagreb, Croatia. I work in environmental protection for the last 15 years, travelled a lot and decided not to make any money without it having a bigger impact.

I somehow came across this the other day and wanted to "plant a seed".

https://ecobnb.com

For example, my apartment has:
- all electrical apliances are A+++ energy efficient,
- heating system is A+++ efficient,
- all cleaning detergents, dishwashing detergents, dishwashing tabs, washing machine powder etc. are certified ecological for clean seas,
- we provide our own natural face, hair, body soaps, air fresheners, etc. for free,
- the guests sleep only on cotton or wool, we do not use sintetic fibers,
- there is no plastic, we have broshures how to live without plastic and zero waste, how to reduce energy consumption, what to watch on our Netflix that makes you "grow", we provide glass jars, shopping bags, reusable containers to carry food,
- a water filter which filters out microplastics (over 70% of tap water globally has microplastics in it, over 90% in the US),
- we provide recipes how to do all of this at home.

The people love it, I would say 50%. We even made a research with our NGO on some islands in Croatia.

Anyways, people sometimes write back and started leading workshops on natural soap making as we provide also leafletters how to make it at home.

So lets make a world a better place, while still allowing people to travel and gain experiences.

Best, 🙂

Marko

0 Replies 0