Entry code

Entry code

Had an incident at my bnb in tempe. After conversation with host the code had not been changed in months. She did come change it after it happened but freaks me out they could of come in while we were there. Seems like a major safety breach not to change the code per guest.

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

what incident @Melissa2784 ? Did you have a question for this community ? 

Someone came into the bnb. We don't know for how long they might have been going in  until we found a mens footprint on the bed that was fresh. About size 12 or 13 footprint.  Nothing was missing so not sure why it happened.  Just freaked us out.

@Melissa2784. Hi Melissa, that is terrible and no host should be using the same code for any two guests. Just checking you were a guest and not the property owner?

If its a smart lock  door code these can be generally be changed remotely in an instant (assuming you have wifi at the location to update the lock). When we issue a guest door code it is for a temporary period only and once the guest leaves we also delete the code from our app. If she had to visit it sounds like she uses the same code for herself as well as guests or doesnt have wifi access so had to fix onsite. Again, we have a separate code for the host, the cleaners, each guest etc so we know exactly who else might be in the Airbnb if issues arise during a guest stay (which they dont).

I would have reported it to Airbnb Safety team and found another place to stay, requesting a full refund.