Escalate a complaint

Lucas732
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Escalate a complaint

Hi everyone,

I want to escalate a complaint within Airbnb as I feel that something is really nit right. I recently stayed in an apartment that, if it was properly maintained would be nice. However, it wasn't and there were mould and pests. As I was so busy working I really did not have time to complain about it whilst there. Airbnb and the host refused refund. The really strange part is that I messaged the host with no response (supposedly a superhost) before contacting airbnb support and asking for a refund or posting a review. My review never showed up on their page even though support are saying it has. It's simply not there. It all feels like support and the host are in cahoots!

I want to escalate this and make people aware to be careful when using airbnb.

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lucas732  I see 2 reviews on your profile, both from back in 2019.  In one of the reviews you left for the host, you had also a raft of complaints, and the other, you said "not as pictured" and that listing has a ton of terrible reviews saying it was filthy, among other complaints.

I'm getting the impression you book the cheapest places you can find, and then complain because they aren't nice.

You can't just continue to stay somewhere you find unacceptable and then expect to get a refund. "Too busy" isn't an acceptable excuse for not following the clear protocol for cancelling and leaving right away if you feel you should be refunded.

I don't know why your review wasn't posted, unless it violated Airbnb review policy, but I can tell you that reviews aren't posted in chronological order, so if the host has tons of reviews, yours could be there many pages back.

And I would advise you to pay a little more money for nicer places, don't book places with bad reviews, and stop booking places, staying, thinking you should get a refund, i.e. a free stay,  and then trashing them in the review.

No host wants a guest who behaves like this.

Lucas732
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Sarah, you make a lot of insulting and derogatory assumptions and comments.

May I remind you that this is supposed to be a community support forum.

You are also completely incorrect on all counts. I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself if you don't have anything constructive to say.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lucas732  reviews are visible when both, the guest and the host leave a review or.... after 14 days, whatever is sooner.

Yes, exactly. It has been well over 14 days and no review has been posted...

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lucas732 it appears that at least one of the listings you stayed in has been removed from the platform which, judging by its reviews was long overdue. This suggests things are working as they should.

Hi Mike-And-Jane0, 

No the listing is still active, things are not working as they should. The stay was recent but it has been well over 14 days.

All the best.