[FESTIVAL] Hosting in the Amazon and living in Germany

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[FESTIVAL] Hosting in the Amazon and living in Germany

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 14.29.28.png

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 14.35.08.png

This topic is part of the Community Center Festival of Hospitality.

The original topic was published in the Brazilian Community Center by @Rolf121 and we have translated it below.

------------

My wife is Brazilian. We met in Rio de Janeiro in 1992 - but that's a story for another time.

Globo interviewed us on 6.10.2021. By chance, we met people from Novo Airão, Amazonas, and we were even more fortunate to have found land for sale there.

I asked our friend - who nowadays is my business partner - for help, and I could purchase the land and the house that I'm now renting out on Airbnb. I renovated everything with his help. It took a while because of the many little details that still need to be finalised.

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 14.38.21.png

I've posted my listing on Airbnb, and I'm managing it from here in Germany while my partner takes care of guest needs such as on-site cleaning and welcoming them.

We have a plot of land next to the residence; I'm putting together a plan to build an inn with chalets. It's something I'd like to construct as quickly as possible to enjoy my retirement.

It's located on a small inlet with almost direct access to the Rio Negro River facing the Anavilhanas National Park. After this pandemic project, I hope that tourism will increase again, as my friend Wolfgang, who has a small inn on the Apuaú River, also says.

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 14.39.26.png

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 14.39.33.png

Unfortunately, it's taking a while. But maybe that's the chance to fix everything up perfectly for this new beginning.

I hope this story isn't too dull! But if you're interested in my stories, there's a lot more to tell.

Cheers
Rodolfo

4 Replies 4

Wow. I'm speechless. What an adventure this would be. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you a lot Christine!
Your wellcome anytime, if you want 😉

Kind regards

Rodolfo
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Not dull at all @Rolf121. You've just whetted the appetite for more to come! 

Thank you a lot Colleen!

This was my intention 🙂

If you'd feel the desire to visit our Residence, your welcome anytime 😉

With kind regards

Rodolfo