๐Ÿƒ[FESTIVAL] I cleaned up the stream near my home ๐Ÿƒ

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

๐Ÿƒ[FESTIVAL] I cleaned up the stream near my home ๐Ÿƒ

Claudia331.png

This theme is part of the Community Center Festival of Sustainability

The original topic was posted in the Italian-speaking Community Center by @Claudia331, and we have translated it below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 19.06.34.png

Dear Hosts and all our colleagues who are sensitive to the issue of sustainability, I invite you to take part in this important initiative in which I have participated. To inaugurate this month dedicated to the earth, this afternoon, I did a bit of cleaning of the stream that flows near my holiday home. 

I found a bit of everything: glass bottles, plastic, cans, polystyrene boxes, remains of bags and various plastic materials and even something that can be traced back to a fake hairpiece (which I call a toupรฉe) with its pinโ€ฆ

In these three weeks that separate us from Earth Day, on 22 April, I suggest that you share all the initiatives of cleaning, reordering, streamlining, "decianfrusagliamento", as we say in Italian (Francesca will translate it into English) in our homes or in the surroundings, as a gesture of respect for our planet! 

I am of the opinion that individual actions for which we can be primarily responsible and witnesses have great value and impact!

In other countries, too, Australia, Canada, England, South Africa, and so on, similar actions will be promoted by my colleagues from the Host Advisory Board @Felicity11 @Jennifer3225, and so let's feel as if we are part of a sustainable "army", custodians of our piece of the world and our surroundings. 

The land is our home, let's become better guests!

I look forward to your collections!

#airbnbearthday #hostairbnb #earthday

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

3 Replies 3
Jennifer3225
Host Advisory Board Member
Port Severn, Canada

@Claudia331  This is excellent. Great work. 

Sign me up to be a part of your sustainability army!! Well done.. funny about the hair piece. I wonder if the owner is still looking for that?

Canadian Hugs my friend ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ’š

Jennifer Schnier
Claudia331
Host Advisory Board Member
Lecco, Italy

@Jennifer3225 thanks to you and Felicity giving kick off of this great initiative!

Wonderful been connected around the world for this important goal! ๐ŸŒ

Maria-Rossella0
Level 10
Genoa, Italy

Veramente bravissima, un'ottima iniziativa: ce ne sarebbe bisogno dovunque!! Se avessi una situazione cosรฌ lo farei anch'io...subito!! 

Maria Rossella