[FESTIVAL] Your Presence Can be the Gift of Hosting…

Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

[FESTIVAL] Your Presence Can be the Gift of Hosting…

Hosting Gifts 1.jpeg

Hello fellow Airbnb hosts and guests!

What Airbnb stays stand out most in your mind? It can vary from the beautiful surroundings (the majestic mountains, breathtaking ocean views, eclectic city vibes) to the amazing amenities (hello hot tubs and themed listings), to the warm interactions and memories of the people you meet during your stay. I can say that it’s great to have the former, and when I really think about it, it’s really the people I travel with and my experiences with the host/caretaker or listing that make a lasting impression.

One hosting experience that stands out in my mind was a guest that booked a stay with us not to visit the area but because their mother passed away and I provided the normal snacks, drinks, and handwritten card but went out of the way to purchase a beautiful lily bouquet as I got that it would be appreciated.

During their stay we were able to spend time talking, reminiscing over some memories and my son drew several things and gave them as little gifts, picked flowers and offered them, and just was his normal talkative, friendly self, making jokes with our guest. The guest’s review warmed my heart as they said that being around my son reminded them of the circle of life and his joyful vibrant energy sure was the special support they needed during this time of loss. Don’t underestimate the impact of your thoughtfulness, kind communication, or your presence/helpful tips. This is what sets us apart from a hotel or “just a place to stay” and is the heart of why most people host ~ the joy of interactions. We learn, support and grow with each and every interaction.

How has a host made your stay special? How did a guest warm your heart? What will you try to incorporate into a future visit? Could it just be mentioning to a guest or host the appreciation for their listing or hospitality? I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts…

Hosting Gifts 2.jpeg

3 Replies 3
Sharon1192
Level 2
Kanab, UT

@Lorina14 Ive been using airbnb for quite awhile. My best stays the hosts brought me fresh baked goods, I met their mother and father who lived on the farm also. I came back 2 other times and after the death of my Mom and the mother who felt like a grandma sat and talked to me about my Mom. One of my all time fave places I stayed. The other, was a log cabin, the couple built themselves, brought breakfast each am to me, there house victorian sat behind it and they gave me a house tour, we are old house lovers, and then their business in town and antique store, I came to the store twice and just sat and talked for an hour, they were very welcoming and I felt like a part of the little town. 

Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 10
Coimbatore, India

Cant express myself on your note @Lorina14 . You and your family have been a gift to your guests. Its so overwhelming to have thoughtful reviews from guests. Your days are made.

How ever I find a contrast situation in my case. I currently hold two listings- one in my residence with private access to guests and the other condo  in a residential complex 10 minutes away from my residence. I have similar amenities in both the listings. To my surprise and very unlikely of the airbnb model, I see a higher ratio of booking enquiries turning to booking confirmation on my independent condo rather than when I tell guests that I stay in the property. I have good reviews and my listings are a guest favourite. I stay well connected with my guests through the Airbnb App. For all the love, care and share we hosts are ready to provide is "privacy" a priority? I am confused, wish to know more from you. Lets celebrate hospitality. Happy hosting.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

What a beautiful story @Lorina14 🌻 It's incredible how interactions can truly make a stay memorable. Congratulations on building such strong and meaningful relationships with your guests. I was particularly touched by the example you shared about your son and how it reminded the guest of the life cycle—I'm sure it brought them some peace 🙏

I remember spending a Christmas at an Airbnb in Santa Marta, Colombia. Unexpectedly, at midnight during our celebration, someone knocked on the door, and we received a Christmas gift from the host—a delicious cake. Beyond the gift itself, their intention to join in our celebration and make it even more special made my experience truly unforgettable 😍

I believe these thoughtful details are incredibly powerful for us as human beings 💮

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad