False advertising

Sharon1900
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

False advertising

Im in a 2 bed apartment. We are 2 people in 2 beds. The host provided 1 set of bedding. I am sleeping under a coat in a freezing apartment. The host refuses to provide more bedding and told me if i was cold i should use socks and sweaters. My point is if they can't provide bedding for 2 beds they should not advertise a 2 bed apartment. Customer service is useless and is now ignoring me. I cant get a full refund if i cancel so i cant afford to get anywhere else. I have noone to complain to as to me its an obvious case of false advertising of a 2 bed apartment without the ability to furnish a 2 bed apartment with the minimal bedding. 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presumably you contacted the host on Airbnb with photos showing the second bed hasn'[t been made up? @Sharon1900 

Are you also saying there is not heating in the apartment - I presume so as you say it's freezing.

What do Airbnb customer services say when you evidenced the second bed not made up and that the heating is not working?

The hosts response is not acceptable. Call Airbnb back insist they cancel the booking as the host refuses to provide bedding for the second bed and the heating is not working. Tell them to cancel the booking as the host refuses to fix both issues. (presumably you told the host you were using both rooms).