Federal tax withholdings

Eric4214
Level 1
Tucson, AZ

Federal tax withholdings

I am running into an issue where I cannot get Airbnb to stop withholding federal taxes on my payouts.  There was an error on my W9 and I followed all the instructions to get it resolved.  I’ve sent in the 147C twice at this point.  It’s now been over two months and after talking with 2 managers, 4 people from the tax department and about 12 different support agents I still cannot get someone who is capable of turning the withholding off.  They’ve admitted I’ve provided all the correct info they need but don’t seem to know how to stop the withholdings. I end up in a black hole where no one responds and regular support can only escalate the issue to the tax department who never responds. Am I stuck having these withholdings as long as I continue to use Airbnb?  I have a lot of expenses associated with my properties and having 24% withheld could mean I lose money every month.  Has anyone else attempted to resolve the tax withholding situation?  How were you able to get Airbnb to turn it off.  

1 Reply 1
Kay63
Level 3
Olongapo, Philippines

oh my, nobody responded here with helpful information?   Couldn't you physically go to the Airbnb company in US and demand actions?  Or did it get resolved?