First Guest refund

Answered!
Josie116
Level 8
Sydney, Australia

First Guest refund

Hello. 

First time posting. I have a strict cancellation policy. A guest cancelled a December booking and I agreed to a full refund as I am sure we will rebook the dates. Is it correct that the 50% I agreed to refund comes out of my next payment? Have I done something wrong? I did not go through the resolution centre as the cancelled reservation is in December. 

1 Best Answer

@Colleen253 @Mike-And-Jane0 Quick update. Airbnb messaged the next day and said that the refund was finalised and the money would not come from my next payment. Next payment has been paid and it was the full amount. I wonder how many hosts are getting the same confusing message? 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Josie116 Some say it will some say it won't. Sorry can't be more helpful than that! Do let us know which it is in your case.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Josie116  Err on the side of it being taken from your next payout, especially if it’s a cancellation for a booking that far out. As you know, that’s what happened in my recent situation. Airbnb is inconsistent in their process on this. 

@Colleen253 @Mike-And-Jane0

Thankyou. I spent many hours reading the community pages ( appreciate the great information here from hosts) and messaging Airbnb last night.

If you agree to a full refund for your guest, I pay now and will be paid back by Airbnb, 24 hours after the cancelled booking dates. I have an open ticket on this and should see this payment in my transaction history today. I was actually really surprised when I was helped by Airbnb so quickly. 

@Colleen253 @Mike-And-Jane0 Quick update. Airbnb messaged the next day and said that the refund was finalised and the money would not come from my next payment. Next payment has been paid and it was the full amount. I wonder how many hosts are getting the same confusing message? 

@Josie116 @Thanks for coming back to update.

Like I said “inconsistent”. There are a lot of sketchy things going on within Airbnb.