Frequent texts late at night

Mike-And-Amy3
Level 2
Litchfield, IL

Frequent texts late at night

Are there other hosts that receive text messages from Airbnb in the middle of the night reminding them of upcoming reservations? I never turn my phone off and I only want to be awakened by important texts. Reminder texts should only be sent during daytime hours. What are other hosts comments about this? Thanks. Mike

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike-And-Amy3 

I think those texts are sent from a US server without checking the time-zone the recipient is in.

But there is a solution:

- Turn off the option for receiving those texts (in your account)

- Use only email for such reminders

BTW

The issue does not affect me, as i do not own a mobile phone (and never did)

I also find the reminders rather useless, as the dashboard  shows who is going to arrive in upcoming days. Also the reminders sometimes are sent 1 week (!) before the guest will arrive.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mike-And-Amy3  There was another recent thread about this. You can turn off "reminders" in your account profile, but a host who did this said they continued to receive them. But it's worth a try.

Also on some phones you can program in certain numbers that are allowed to come through during specific times, while blocking all the rest. If your phone has this option, you could program in numbers you'd want to receive texts or calls from at any hour, like family, in case of emergency, and any current guests you have, also in case of emergency. I can't really think of any other circumstances where it would be crucial to receive a call or text in the middle of the night.

A guest who sends an inquiry or booking request at what is sleep time for me and can't wait until a reasonable hour for a reply, is quite welcome to book elsewhere, as far as I'm concerned. 🙂