Guest Reviews: what to say or not

Linda3345
Level 10
Corning, NY

Guest Reviews: what to say or not

I had a recent guest who was quiet, and left our Airbnb in excellent condition.  I’d like to give the guest a good review for that. 
Same guest did not seem to be well-versed in using the AirBnb app or website, however. I could not be sure they were seeing the information I sent them via the app.  Is this something you would mention, to alert future hosts, or is it not a big deal, and I shouldn’t even mention it? 

2 Replies 2
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Linda3345  Personally I would not mention it and just review with star ratings accordingly.  As you said, you could not be sure if your in app messages had been read or not?  Also, not all messages require a response.  Perhaps mention in your private feedback to the guest that you were very happy with their respect for your property but were unsure if they had their notifications turned on during their stay as you had received no acknowledgments of messages, but hope that all went smoothly for them.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Linda3345  I agree with @Kate867 that there's no need to mention it in the review.  It's frustrating not to know if the guest is getting messages, so a few years ago I added this to my pre-booking info:

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 7.15.36 AM.png