Guest cancelled stay after check out

Andrew1124
Level 2
Fort Wayne, IN

Guest cancelled stay after check out

I had a guest stay 1 night. Only issue was she was up all night with her "study friend"  having relations very loudly to where I got complaints from 3 other guests. 

I left a mild review just hinting at the issue. She left me a good review. 5 minutes later and a full several hours after my check out time she somehow cancelled the trip? How can she even do that after check out time and how will that affect me? 

3 Replies 3
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Andrew1124 , do you know if she has made a complaint against you?

I'd be inclined to contact ABB Customer Services to clarify if the guest concerned has.

What cancellation policy do you have?

Have you check all your msgs including any from ABB in your Dashboard?

Bryan540
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

This has just happened to me. A guest stayed 1 night then refused to leave at checkout time which was 11am. She didn't speak English and was very hard to communicate with so I was doing everything via text. She came unprepared to drive away in the snow that fell overnight so she held over 90min while the cleaning service needed to clean the house with her still inside. Her husband had walked to the hardware store to get chains. They needed to have my snow removal person help put the chains on the car. They took a kitchen pot and spoon outside to shovel snow, moved furniture around and brought a sled into the dining room. They also left beer bottles and trash around in the living room. I have pictures of them sitting on the couch while the cleaning service worked. I made a resolution request last evening and then this morning received notice that the guest cancelled the reservation. How is this possible? Why is this even possible?

Sheema0
Level 2
Srinagar

All hosts, beware of these Airbnb scammers, they would stay at your place, enjoy the complete stay, and after check out, they would file for refund, they would leave nasty comments and then threaten you for money, please spread this msg, i have all proof of their doings, They book by the name Sagarika from Mumbai, India, save yourselves and do not entertain them.