Guest iD

Kristine215
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

Guest iD

Hi everyone. I have a quick question. I had a guest stay in my home. I believed her name was Blah blah blah. Well come to find out it was not really her name. I was under the impression that airbnb verified legal names. These folks are staying under my roof with me and I prefer to know who is in my home.  I have received many request from guest that have no feedback. I aways have to tell them NO. Airbnb will send me message that I should allow these guest. So one time I did. It turned out poorly, I will never do it again. That was very disappointing...

3 Replies 3
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kristine215 Nope. You can go into your profile settings right now and change your name to anything you want it to be. You can have a new name every day if you want to. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

if you want to know who your guests are, you have to ask them to show you their IDs. I do, it is mandatory here in many EU countries.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you assume that @Kristine215 ?

You can set your listing so that you only accept guests with photo ID, but if you want to verify a guests legal ID make it part of your house rules that you check passport/driving license on arrival. 

Some Airbnb profiles use a different name. Just as some like yourself choose not to use a profile photo of yourself,  but show a photo of a random object.