Guest is arriving late and wants someone from her group to check in

Guest is arriving late and wants someone from her group to check in

Hi! We have a guest who was supposed to check in today. This morning when I sent her the reminder of check in details she informed me that she would be ariving a day later and that her son and "family" would be checking in. I informed her that the registered guest at time of booking was to be present at time of check in or there would be no entry. We had a problem a few months back and the wafe booked then informed us that it would only be her husband and kids coming. Our cottage was trashed and she never answered a call from us or air bnb. Air BnB left us out to dry on that situation and I will not let it happen again. Anyway, she is arguing (through the app) that I should refund her money for the day because she could not be here and because we will not allow her son entry. I was polite for a long time, but when she didn't stop with the "nagging" I went silent. If not..... I would have gotten rude. I was also busy all morning getting ready for her stay as we just had guests check out. I know I am right here, but what is my response to her? HELP PLEASE  

*EDIT* I forgot to add....... As you can assume, it has become awkward through the messaging now and will be much worse when she does arrive as we life in the home next door to the cottage. She is booked for a week. 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gina1477  I would tell her exactly what you've explained here. That you really aren't trying to be difficult, but that you had a similar scenario happen recently ( tell her what happened) and that because of that, now you just have to stick to the rules. She may be more understanding if she knows why. It's worth a try. 

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

The solution to her problem is simple, but she has to do the work.  One of the people arriving early has to create an Airbnb profile and she has to add them to the booking.  You then confirm the identity of this person via checking photo ID against Airbnb profile photo when they arrive.  Simple. Problem solved.