Guest is violating HOA rules

Karen2497
Level 2
Kissimmee, FL

Guest is violating HOA rules

Hello all! I’m hoping somebody can help me with this question. Are we as hosts supposed to copy our HOA.  Rules and bylaws and attach them to our listings? I have a guest. He brought a trailer and a golf cart with him. You are not allowed to keep the trailer anywhere in the community and golf carts must be kept in the garage. Both of these things pose a problem and I am in violation. He never asked permission to bring these items but he is now claiming that I didn’t tell him that he could not. Why would I tell him that he could not if he never asked? Please help me out here.   Who is in the wrong here? Is this something that I should have covered to begin with? Mind you, our rules and bylaws are over 100 pages. TIA, Karen Wills 

1 Reply 1
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>Are we as hosts supposed to copy our HOA.  Rules and bylaws and attach them to our listings?<<

Copy, no. But the basic stuff should be in your rules. 

Trade vehicles (liveried vans) aren't allowed on my estate, so I always ask if they're coming with a car. Avoids any issues. 

You might want to have a line, @Karen2497, a la; 
Vehicle exclusions apply, ie. golf carts and trailers aren't permitted, please check if in any doubt.