Guest no longer has access to Airbnb

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Guest no longer has access to Airbnb

Today when I review upcoming reservations for tomorrow I noticed a reservation that when I open the conversation thread it pops up a message "Limit Message Delivery: Someone in this conversation no longer has access to Airbnb and can't get messages", and the past message sent from the guest has been replaced by "This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb.".

Appears that the guest account has been cancelled/suspended or something and when I click open the guest profile it redirects me to the Airbnb main page. Weird thing is that the reservation is still there and when I called Airbnb customer service, I was told that nothing needs to be done. I asked the representative if I am still going to receive the payout of this reservation, she told me yes (after checking for about 5 minutes). 

Anyone has experienced such thing before? Did you end up getting the payout or the representative was wrong?

15 Replies 15
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nanxing0 

I've never had a co-host, so I don't know about that, but it seems like a pretty basic error.

I did contact Airbnb several times about not getting my message notifications, but they keep denying anything was wrong. Usually they told me it was my phone and to delete and reinstall the App, but this is the third phone I am using since I started hosting and they have all been different (Samsung, iPhone, Huawei), so I know it's not that. 

The last rep I spoke to about it was beyond clueless. I explained over and over that I was not getting all my notifications and the ones I was getting were often severely delayed. She just kept responding, "So, what you are saying is you're getting too many notifications? You know you can just turn them off?"

I eventually gave up, telling her not to trouble herself about it...