Guests says he has more people slept than the night in his review

Ed344
Level 2
London, Canada

Guests says he has more people slept than the night in his review

I had a guest revealing in his public review for me that he had 7 guests slept the night while only booked for 5 as if it was a good thing that I had a good place that it would fit that many people without issues. I am a bit baffled by this. It appeared as he didn't understand that it was a violation of Airbnb rules. Should I request money from him?

3 Replies 3
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

Well at this stage you could try, and you won't get a retaliatory bad review. But it looks like you only charge @ $10  for  and extra guest, so is this worth it?   

@Ed344   You can't possibly gain enough money from such a request to be worth the hassle. It's not a straightforward process.

But you should definitely post a public response to the review stressing to future guests that your maximum occupancy is 5 and you did not permit any additional people to stay. 

You should also update your House Rules to state that no unregistered visitors/guests may enter the property, and have a plan for how you'll react the next time you catch guests sneaking extra people in. This guest clearly had no reason to think they couldn't get away with whatever they wanted, so it's lucky that things didn't go worse.

Ed344
Level 2
London, Canada

Thanks for your suggestion!