Guests turned our house in a brothel

Guests turned our house in a brothel

Hi,

We just started our second airbnb, but our second reservation was quite special. 
Our guests (three ** women) turned our house in a brothel. Men were coming in and out and we found them online advertising for our location. They were not letting us in the house and it wasn't possible to have any communication with the guests. So the only option for us was to act like customers ... 

We've sent all the information to airbnb support, but the only support we had in 24 hours was a message asking for extra information like pictures of condoms and so on.  We've answered, but that is already 20 hours ago ... 

I've called, sent messages to airbnb support but no communication ..

Does anyone experience this as well with airbnb support? I understand that they can't always avoid misbehaviour of guests, but they should at least support their hosts. Isn't that the responsibility of airbnb, why there is such a big fee per reservation as well. 
We feel like we left a bit in the cold. 

Greetings, 

Corneel
**[Content (location of guest) removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines to avoid generalization] 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Corneel3 What were you hoping/expecting Airbnb to do? At the end of the day they are just a booking site with no presence on the ground. Also I doubt they know the laws regarding eviction for each jurisdiction in which they operate. I guess what I am saying is that hosts need to know what to do and who to get local help from when things go wrong.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Corneel3 

an awful thing to happen. How do you vet your guests to make sure they're a good fit for your listing? 

It's your business and you need to take control @Corneel3 Airbnb is just a marketing platform.

Call Airbnb insist they cancel the booking. Go to the property and evict the visitors from your property as they will no longer be guests .

presumably you've already called the police to let them know there are prostitutes operating out of your property.

@Corneel3 , yes I did experience something similar but it was only one woman. Only knew about the different men arriving and leaving 45 minutes later due to our external cameras on our primary residence. There are no cameras on the Airbnb unit itself. 

Airbnb support back then was much different than it is today so I consider myself lucky. Basically had to handle the situation ourselves. Local police were notified, but since we couldn’t prove she was actually turning tricks there wasn’t much they could do. We reported all this to Airbnb and they actually suspended the guest account.