Had to cancel a booking help

Darren267
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Had to cancel a booking help

I have guests in now, last nite at 6.15pm I got a message they were fuse box issues, I contacted the guest and we arranged I would do what I could today (Sunday).  Upon visting the guests today I was shown the issue, the guest was happy to stay, they leave Tuesday.     Last nite at 11pm I got a booking from the Tues.  Now I need an electrician in to check fuses and have sent messages informing them I've had to cancel the booking,  where do I submit the proof that I have onlt cancelled a booking due to needing emergency electricity work on the fuses.  Airbnb takes $100 off my next booking unless I submit proof of the works I need to do but where do I send them? And a fuse issue will ensure I don't lose the $100 won't it?

Regards Darren 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you cancelled the booking, did you click the option to cancel under exceptional circumstances? There should have been an option to provide evidence. If not see if you can provide it through the resolution centre.

Going forward if there is an issue like this, then just block out the date you know you can't host, and then you won't have to cancel a booking because you can't host.