Has Anyone Seen A Payout Yet from the $250M Host Fund?

Mary1793
Level 5
Captain Cook, HI

Has Anyone Seen A Payout Yet from the $250M Host Fund?

I'm a long-time superhost and my Hawai'i vacation rental was booked to 98% occupancy via Airbnb March through August.   Because of the Airbnb extenuating circumstances policy, I lost over $30,000 in payouts for eight cancelled reservations between March 14-May 31 (and am holding my breath to see if I'm going to lose June, July and August as well ...)  I'm a single mom and my rental was my only source of income so ....

All cancellations were guest-initiated (although I did the cancelling for one guest back in March who got caught up in the travel ban from the EU because she called me to say she was having a hard time figuring out how to do it in the app -- figured it didn't matter since Airbnb said either side could cancel penalty-free.  This was before the fund was announced.

My cancellation policy = strict so, under the announced terms, I should be receiving 25% of the full reservation price for people who cancelled less than 14 days before they were to arrive and 25% of 50% for the remainder.

Airbnb says they were starting to send these payments in mid-April.   It's getting to the end of April.  I haven't seen a dollar.  Has anyone else?

Also, does anyone know whether they are looking at the email threads to see if the host cancelled at the guest's request (that should be considered 'guest initiated')?    If anyone has seen anything yet, please let the rest of us know?

4 Replies 4

@Mary1793  I got an amount in my account just last night. It does not say for which booking for how much. It is a total credit amount. And I don't have record of potential earning for bookings that got cancelled so I can't do calculation myself to check if it's the correct amount I'm supposed to get from Airbnb 

Mary1793
Level 5
Captain Cook, HI

Aloha Suraya -- you can reconstruct your payout amounts by (1) going into the email account you use for Airbnb notifications and (2) searching on Airbnb and [insert guest's first name].   That way you will find the original reservation confirmation with the payout amount.     I reconstructed all eight of my cancelled reservations that way but -- honestly -- why should I have to?   I question why Airbnb is destroying the very evidence in our account that would let us keep them accountable.    

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Mary1793 ,

Many thanks for your important question, I've got some information here that should help clear up your concerns:

When will payments come out?

We started sending support payments late last week, and some of you may have seen payments in your accounts. 

Our original goal was to get the first batch of payments out by mid-April and unfortunately, we're running slightly behind. We know how important these payments are, and we’re sorry. We’re working as hard as we can to get back on track.

Why haven’t I received my payment?

We originally planned to have the first batch of support payments sent in mid-April, which would cover eligible reservations through April 8. We’ve started to send payments, but unfortunately some of them have been delayed. We’re working as hard as we can to get back on track, and we hope to have the first batch sent by 5/1. 

Please do let me know if you have any other questions,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Tracy131
Level 6
Franklin, MA

I had many cancellations too that all met the relief payment criteria and I have not seen a dime!