Has anyone else's Superhost travel rewards vanished?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Has anyone else's Superhost travel rewards vanished?

I jut wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

I was awarded a Superhost coupon last year, which I thought was due to expire at the end of this month, so I went online to use it, but it was nowhere to be seen. It had definitely been there before, but is no longer on the list.

The reward I got very recently for the past year's Superhost status is not showing there either.

I got emails from Airbnb about both of these, but the links now just take you to the same page, where the coupons are not showing.

All previous coupons, whether expired or redeemed are listed, so even if the first one I mentioned had already expired, it should be showing also. The most recent one should definitely still be valid.

I contacted Airbnb CS and was repeatedly asked for the coupon codes, which obviously I don't have because the coupons have vanished! I was told without the codes, it was unlikely they could help me but that they are sorry it happened and would try to ensure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Erm, so that means I lose $200 in travel credit because of an Airbnb technical glitch and it's just tough luck?

35 Replies 35
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Huma0  My Superhost coupons have never, ever appeared under my hosting account in credits and coupons. The only way I have ever been able to see them is to go to the notification email.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 

Problem is the links in the notification emails just take me to a page where these credits are not showing but previous expired/redeemed ones are. There are no codes in the emails. The rep couldn't explain it at all.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Update on this. CS got back to me with a link to claim the most recent coupon (the one issued this month). There was no mention of that one so I asked about it and they said it was no longer valid since I had received the new one.

I have gone back to explain that I was unable to use the coupon because it was not showing on the system and the links in the email did not take me to it either. Perhaps @Emilia42 is correct and it expired end of June. However, it was only issued on 14th July and I thought they were supposed to be valid for a year. I tried to use it and contacted CS about it prior to 14th July. Anyway, I don't think they are going to help with this now, but let's see...

Also, I don't understand why the July coupons weren't also extended. No one knew last year this pandemic was going to happen and there were still several months' validity on the coupons by the time we did and were locked down and unable to travel. So, the coupons should at least be extended to account for that period of months when we should have been able to use them but couldn't.

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

This explains why I couldn't find my 2019 coupon, which I was going to use as a "gift"to a host who had to deal with an earthquake+pandemic. My sneaky plan was to book an off night that I couldn't actually use but would put some cash into their account. I'll try again with the new coupon. I don't think we will be doing any traveling before it expires & our country gets covid under control anyway.

Lesley44
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Yes, this has happened to me also. I have a reward about to expire soon, just went in to use it and can't find it anywhere!! Lesley

Same story here.

Last week I checked how long my bonus was valid. Because of the corona they had a longer validity, namely until April 2021. So I think, I should not rush to plan my trip. Now a good 2 weeks later, I see that it is gone and replaced by my new superhost bonus.

When you consult help, they turn in circles, "bonus has expired", with explanations and forwarding their mails, "oops, just to see", back answer: "has expired", again insist, then they send me to someone else, where the same story begins again, and they no longer answer.

Unbelievable, their superhost criteria are high, no problem with that, but then they should also try to meet their own criteria.

Any suggestions?