Have you had a life-changing travel journey/trip?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Have you had a life-changing travel journey/trip?

Adventures_368308_007.jpg

Hey everyone! 👋

Some people may say that travel has the power to transform us. It takes us out of our comfort zones, introduces us to new cultures, and opens our minds to new perspectives. But have you ever experienced a trip that left a profound impact on your life? 🌺

When I was younger, I was lucky enough to go back-packing and I visited Hong Kong, Sydney, Cairns, New Zealand - North and South islands, and LA & Las Vegas. Travelling without my parents for the first time, gave me confidence and forced me to grow into a responsible adult; whilst still having so much fun, of course! It’s an experience I will never forget and I hold it dear to my heart.  🌍✈️ 

I’d love to hear your stories! Share with us the journeys that have changed you, the moments that have shaped you, and the lessons that have stayed with you.  🌈

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

13 Replies 13

Hi hi! Yes! To me, the last trip in Egypt, was a transformation in my inner self! I think leaved once there, don’t know… but I visit more and more Africa❤️ I went with one of the most magnificent guide, called MICHEL, Did almost half Egypt tour, Giza, KAIRO, SAHARA (2 nights in the desert) with yoga tai-chi, zen etc. sharing photos.. with you❣️GizaGizaDB3BC1EE-A999-4DF5-84FC-BFF5AC806A39.jpegEE84D9B0-EE2F-4200-AECD-680A9F1C5FD2.jpegMichel.. our guide!Michel.. our guide!7F9C7F1A-745D-4ECB-9640-99E90A8C2761.jpegED1D9442-CFCB-4DAA-9D35-08EF122586CE.jpeg8A116BF0-0D4D-45CE-AA73-6D9FB81BC549.jpeg 

@Kyriaki17 Fantastic experience.

IMG_2838.JPG

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Andry34, the Eiffel Tower—what an experience 😍! Is this your first time visiting? Have you had the chance to explore other cities in France?

We'd love to hear more about your trip 🍃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Kyriaki17 Amazing! Thanks for sharing! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kyriaki17, thanks so much for sharing this. It looks like you had an amazing trip! Was it your first time in Egypt? Do you have any recommendations for those who haven't visited yet? 😊

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

About 40 years ago we travelled to South Korea, for a 2 months internship plus a 1 month tourist trip. These 2 months we stayed with a Korean family, which shared their apartment with us. That was our first homesharing experience - long before Airbnb!

We have learned a lot during this time - a real lifechanger!

We are still in close contact with this family - personal and via Kakaotalk 😉 We call them Brother and Sister.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Till-and-Jutta0 👋

What a fantastic opportunity! How did you get in touch with them to find the home share first of all? Was it part of the internship? 

I love that you're still in contact with them too. Do you think you'd ever go back or Host them in return? 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi @Rebecca , indeed it has been part of the internship. As we decided that my fiancée will accompany me, the company has chosen a homeshare at a company manager’s apartment, with full family connection. So, when I worked during the daytime at the company, my wife went with his wife and child to the market or did the daily work. Was a great time!

And we hosted them in the past at our home in Germany, they hosted us a couple of times – and we expect to see them again! Real friendship forever!

@Rebecca 

I have been traveling since childhood, and solo since I was 16.  Every trip is vivid in my memory, and every one has been enlightening. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kitty-and-Creek0, thanks so much for sharing this. Is there a specific area or continent you visit most often? 😊

-----

@Paula 

My favorite destinations are the unpaved, sparsely populated places ... Asia and South America most recently. I seek out roadless wilderness whenever possible. Mountains also suit me fine, and I am a bit of a border freak...

Hey there! 👋

Wow, your journey sounds incredible! Travel indeed has a unique way of shaping us. One of my most transformative trips was when I visited Japan. 🌸

It was my first time traveling alone to a place where I didn’t speak the language. Navigating Tokyo’s bustling streets, experiencing the serenity of Kyoto’s temples, and immersing myself in the culture taught me so much about resilience and adaptability. I remember getting lost in the small alleys of Osaka, which at first felt intimidating, but then led me to discover hidden gems and interact with locals in a way I never would have planned.

One particular moment that stands out was when I attended a traditional tea ceremony. It was more than just tasting tea; it was a lesson in mindfulness, patience, and appreciation for the simple things in life. That experience has stayed with me and continues to influence how I approach challenges and daily life. 🍵

Traveling has this amazing ability to expand our horizons and teach us lessons that no classroom ever could. I’d love to hear more about everyone else’s journeys and the life lessons they’ve gathered along the way! 🌏

Thanks for starting this wonderful discussion!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Bruce724, this sounds fascinating. I haven't had the chance to visit Japan yet, but it's definitely on my bucket list, along with experiencing a traditional tea ceremony. Thanks for sharing 😊

Is this your first time in Japan? Have you visited any other Asian countries? We'd love to hear more about your adventures 🍃

-----