Hello

Jon5143
Level 1
Plattsburgh, NY

Hello

Hello my name is Jon, 

We host 5 short term rentals in the Adirondack, NY area. This is my 3rd year of hosting. 

Jon 

3 Replies 3
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Jon5143! How has hosting been for you so far? I would love to hear back from you!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello @Quincy , 

I think I am doing not too badly. This is my 3rd season (we do short term rentals from May 24th to Oct 31 then switch to midterm rentals since the short term rental business is dead during this time). Started with 1 unit, then added 2 more the following year, and we added another 2 this year. All units on all booking channels are 5/5 (or 10/10) . 

So I think we are doing a good job 🙂

Do you have rentals? How long have you been hosting?

Jon

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jon5143, thank you so much for your reply! I am so glad to hear that you are doing well, but also sorry to hear that there's not much business for you in terms of short term rentals (hoping that this changes for you). 

I used to be a Host back in 2017-2018, but perhaps I will pick it up in the future again 🙂 If do end up starting again, I know the Community Center has a lot of good topics created by Host that can be helpful. 

Generally, for how many days do guests tend to book with when you're in the midterm rental period? 

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen