Hi there. As a host, has anyone else had a terrible experience trying to contact Airbnb in the past couple of weeks?

Querida1
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi there. As a host, has anyone else had a terrible experience trying to contact Airbnb in the past couple of weeks?

Hi Host community. I'm wondering what to do.... I made two separate refunds to a guest who had cancelled on me in August. As I didn't do the refund all in one go it now seems the second refund payment went to Airbnb not to the guest (not sure why). So now I find out the guest complained they didn't get the full refund, and although I DID send the whole amount, Airbnb have failed to see that the second payment I sent didn't get to the guest (but to them) and they have double charged me.

This is clearly shown on the transaction history, and yet I'm unable to get anyone to answer any of my emails (first started my complaint 12 days ago). I've tried copious times calling to speak to someone, but there are no menu options to talk to someone (it cuts you off and they give you a link to 'contact airbnb by an email'). I do this.. and going on for 2 weeks.. no answer. Has anyone else been having a bad time of late? 

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If you have had  customer service problems only in the last 2 weeks, then consider yourself lucky :P!  Most of us, guests and hosts, have had problems before March that became extremely worse after that.  The refund is between Air BNB and the guest at this time as you have already agreed to the refund.  End of your responsibility but you can confirm with the guest the steps you already took.  I recently had confirmation of a refund I authorized 4 months ago!  Patience is the name of the game now.

Querida1
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Linda for letting me know your experience - so I'm not alone in this! uh oh.. looks like I've got a battle ahead. After this I think I'll be done with Airbnb. Feel really unsupported by them.  I hope you're having a better time with them of late. Best wishes from London.