Host Cancellation Penalties

Andy48
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Host Cancellation Penalties

Hi-  I've spend some time reviewing the host cancellation policies and want to confirm.  This scenario is for  is a **non-instant book reservation in more than 7 days.  Am I correct of these penalties and a question below?

1.)  Pay $50 USD

2.)  The dates you cancelled may / likely be blocked off your calendar.

3.) You will have a cancel in your stats which would cause most any host to lose SuperHost status..... at the next evaluation date....  criteria is <1% cancels.

4.)  An template review will be posted saying that you cancelled.

Question:  Are there any other penalties that I've missed? 

***** Does this end up figuring into the AirBnb search rankings for listings that my listing would be pushed down because of the "cancel factor"?

15 Replies 15

@Sarah977   That's a nifty maneuver that might have worked in a time when customer service was handled in-house and operators had a certain amount of latitude to make independent judgments. I don't get the impression that's how things work now, but why not give it a try.

@Andy48  Search results are based on the performance of the individual listing, rather than the user profile. Presumably you're about to de-list the property you're selling, so if you choose to do an Airbnb at your new property next year, it will be a new listing altogether. It will get a temporary bump in search results for being new, but some prospective guests might be wary of booking if they click through to your user profile and see the cancellation.

FYI you can also post a response to the template review explaining the reason why you had to cancel. I'm surprised so few hosts actually do this.