Host not keeping her word .. dont ever book

Zhane11
Level 1
Bronxville, NY

Host not keeping her word .. dont ever book

Hi, so I am a guest that wanted to book an airbnb in deerfield beach named “ 4 bedroom beach home heated pool+ tiki TV hut” hosted by ** . It was supposed to be a group of 11 of us but not everyone had the money upon booking so I choose to pay the “reserve now” fee which was $633.52. However , due to an unfortunate situation 2 of those people were involved in an accident in which they later died so the trip got cancelled. She agreed to refund me partially and if the airbnb was to get booked dates june 6-june 10 i would be either be refunded for the remaining amount or get a discount on a future booking however of course I choose the option if someone was to book those dates I will get the remaining refund .. fast forward today I see that those dates are blacked out in other words they got booked ( i have been checking frequently enough to know that these dates were NOT black out the past 4 days making it available) so i than reached out to the host for the remaining refund as SHE promised just for her to state that thats a systematic error and those dates are “still available” .. however I didnt believe that so I went ahead and told my co-worker to message her for those exact dates from her airbnb account to see if they were available for booking and she stated that they were already booked by another GUEST! So i escalted this to airbnb support and am still fighting for the remaining amount of my refund that I was promised by the host .. so unprofessional!! please dont book!  any tips on how i can go about getting the remaining refund?

**[Name hidden  due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Zhane11
Level 1
Bronxville, NY

 This is my co-worker writing from his own airbnb account asking for these same exact  dates that she stated were “available” but are really booked by another guest ! so unfair

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

@Zhane11 It sounds like you were not owed a full refund in the first place, so whatever the host did for you is out of the kindness of her heart. It sounds like you got a partial refund, but you want it all. What were the terms of the booking? If you should have been refunded fully, the system does that automatically, so it sounds like you were not eligible for a full refund, or perhaps any at all. 

I don't agree with lying or deception, but based on what you've said, the host didn't owe you anything, so stop with your vendetta, and be thankful for what you got. 

You can try to call the host out all you want in this forum, but posting identifying information is against the CC rules, and it will be removed by the mods.