Hosting your personal home

Katie1714
Level 2
Dayton, OH

Hosting your personal home

I'll be listing my person home on Airbnb to help with expenses and plan to host when I'm travelling or when I can find a place to stay in the area (like with friends). I'm planning to provide my 2 guest bedrooms and lock my primary bedroom. That way I don't have to remove my own things. They will have access to a large full bathroom and the rest of the house (half bath, kitchen, 2 porches).

I plan to remove anything that is of value but I'll be leaving SO many things that I just can't possibly move every time, like all dishes, glasses, food in fridge/freezer, etc.

My questions:

Do you have any example messaging explaining to guests that it's my personal home so please be mindful of my things? 

Would you be offended if there was a door that said "this room not available to guests" with a closed locked door? 

Can you provide ANYTHING I need be mindful of that I might be forgetting? 

If you've something like this before, please share your experience and lessons learned! 

1 Reply 1
Kathy1371
Level 3
Goose Creek, SC

@Katie1714 Dishes, linens, etc are normally provided by the host. We rents homes vs hotel rooms.

Suggestion would be to advertise it as a shared home. Trust me, they’ll leave more food than they will consume.