Hosts: have you experienced customer gave your money away? Strict policy what did you do to get your money back?

Sonia1295
Level 1
Park City, UT

Hosts: have you experienced customer gave your money away? Strict policy what did you do to get your money back?

The last 3 days have been horrible.

I get a message in chats and email from airbnb about my strict non refundable policy and was getting my full payout. Everything was fine.

Then I looked at calendar and my earnings were 0. Someone in customer support gave him all my money without my authorization.

He misunderstood my chat on a big way is his excuse...

I said: Yes, I got my payout of x number of dollars to a previous questions about my payout 

Customer support agent: read the word "yes" and nothing else and a previous question : do you wanna give him full refund. I had countless of times before said no refund and never on the first 24 hours.... 

He only read one word "yes" and moved too quickly without confirming  without reading the entire sentence and assumed that I was giving a full refund...

Mistake 1: read the entire sentence

Anyhow i am with a bad covid but I have talked to by emails chars and calls countless people and took maybe 5 hours of my time...

I need to hear if you host experience something like it and if you got your money back, how did you do it? I am afraid they are going to do the wrong thing and blame me. But this person made a huge mistake. I managed call centers before....and I know how it is... 

Mistake 2: no  reassurance, no confirmation by asking twice by chat by phone 

I  gave them ideas how to prevent this in the future buy double check every time...

By chat, by phone... this is peoples money. We dont work for free. Thisnis serious matter.

I just want to trust them that they would be capable to keep my strict non refundable policy and dont have to ever experience this ever again..

I simply dont need more calls just need my money deposit on Saturday as it was promised to me on Friday. 

I need your suggestions. 

Thank you

Sonia

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sonia1295 

Once a guest is refunded it is almost impossible to reverse it. Airbnb CS makes a lot of mistakes as you experienced, so be alert a next time when contacting them again.