House Party

Asia495
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

House Party

Hey my name is Asia**, I’m looking for a spacious house to throw a birthday party. I need it around the dates of Oct. 28-31 2020 it’s for one night but those are the dates I’m willing to take. I’m having a hard time trying to find a house that will allow parties in my range. 

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

55 Replies 55

@Asia495  It is irrespective of state, country or planet. Airbnb has become synonymous with 'party house' for many reasons. It is a rather large, sensitive, and ongoing issue that the majority of hosts have to continually fight to overcome. This is why posts like yours strike a nerve.

@Colleen253 okay cool. 

@Colleen253there's actually no filter for that - probably because Airbnb doesn't want parties. 

@Alexandra316 I didn't realize they had removed it. Sorry @Asia495 , that filter apparently is gone.

@Colleen253 Its fine I just wish everybody would leave it alone already 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Asia495  that sounds like a more balanced approach, lunch or dinner perhaps might make it easier to find a place.

It's a sad state in society when one can't celebrate special occasions without people jumping straight to negativity.

@Asia495  No, you didn't say "a few friends".

Direct quote from your post: "cause I know a lot of people that have parties at a air bnb."

And when you post on a forum, you don't get to dictate who is allowed to comment and who isn't. 

@Sarah977  I know I don’t but still though 

@Asia495 One thing I don't get is why people are taking "stating the fact" as "rude", just because the fact sounds unpleasant to you? All I could see from the comment of @Sarah977 is kind suggestion. If any guest with a similar profile like yours request to book with me I wouldn't accept in the first place either. In fact I receive such requests almost every day and I decline all of them. 

@Nanxing0  All I did was ask a simple question but I see a lot of people had a lot to say and state their “opinions”. We all have freedom of speech all I wanted to know was if there was people who do have house parties not saying that’s what a Air bnb is for because it not I was asking a question giving that I’ve never been to one before I really don’t even know how it works so I just think that EVERYONE on here can just stop coming for me. I get that it’s for travelers I just want to know. But hey that’s your fault if you decline or accept I just asked a question.🤷🏾‍♀️

@Asia495 When asking question, you need to ask at appropriate location. Lots of hosts here already SUFFERED A LOT from guests throwing parties in their houses ILLEGALLY and if you are asking to hold a party here you would certainly get those responses. Just like I would never ask gangs and riots if any of them would like to obey the law, since I would expect them to beat me to the ground if I ever asked in front of them.

Also there's another fact I would like to share. Airbnb recently implemented a new rule that prevents guests under 25 from booking certain reservations, due to the rising issue of parties. Check the news.

https://www.axios.com/airbnb-new-rules-parties-25-years-old-1f75a1c1-74f7-448d-a54c-9df8ea2bb025.htm...

https://www.businessinsider.com/airbnb-party-house-new-rules-users-under-25-2020-7

@Nanxing0  Okay 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Sarah977 @Helen350 @Helen3 her tags are "best night ever" and "your the best". She has not come back to even check on the thread, did not provide any indication of her location or number of people. Is she assuming we will all submit our offers for her review for the dates "she is willing to take?" I often think about what Airbnb could do to change this view of airbnb=party by so many. One time as I was removing unauthorized guests, one said: What do you mean we can not be here? It is an Airbnb! That sentence along with his tone just summed it up.

@Inna22  There were some wild partiers at the house next door to where my friends live. It's a constant problem in that house. My friend, who also does rentals at her place, but is adept at vetting renters and gets quiet couples or singles in her 2 small units, had written the owner, who lives in the US, several times about the issue.

This particular group had been yelling loudly and drunkenly in the pool until 4AM, blasting techno music. I happened to be up there and I and my friend were about to jump in her golf cart to go pick up a few things for dinner, when a car from that house came driving up, and 2 guys got out. My friend, who speaks softly and tactfully, told them she had already talked to them about keeping the noise level down and respecting the neighborhood- that they had rented a house, not a bar, but the disrespect was just continuing.

One of the guys immediately puffed himself up with self-righteous body language and said "It's an Airbnb!" i.e., as far as he was concerned, that was synonymous with "party house". The other guy looked embarrassed by his buddy's behavior, apologized for the noise, and said he'd talk to everyone and make sure it didn't happen again.

This gal, the OP,  also wants to throw a big party when it's likely that gatherings of more than a few people will violate pandemic directives.

@Sarah977 I did not even think about that- most places do not allow gatherings of more than 10. It is also really tricky because some allow it now but may change rules at any moment. I bet she would want full refund if that happens.