How to get a host to respond to noise complaint

Louise1073
Level 6
San Diego, CA

How to get a host to respond to noise complaint

Hello, I am a longtime Airbnb host and travelling as a guest for the first time in a while.

Unfortunately our Airbnb turned out to have huge construction site right outside. I’m talking jack hammers and diggers right outside our bedroom window with noise waking us up at 7am.

The host is a company with multiple listings so I immediately reached out to ask for alternative accommodation- unfortunately they effectively ghosted us and haven’t responded to Airbnb either when I escalated to Customer Support.

Any advice on how to convince the host to step up and come through on their responsibilities ? I know as a host there are things you can’t control and I’m not interested in leaving a bad review , just want alternative accommodation or at the very least a refund for the inconvenience and loss of sleep.

1 Reply 1
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Louise1073 

Just so I understand, the trip is over now?  The Host didn't offer any communication during your trip?

I would think that since you are no longer there, the Host will be less inclined to communicate.

I personally would leave a bad review concerning lack of communication.  Other Guests deserve to know that information.

Yes, if he was a nice person you would  of gotten 100% refund.

As a Host though you are aware Airbnb 's rule is a 30% refund of nights stayed.

I would submit through the Resolution Platform a request for a 30% refund for days disturbed along with your evidence.