I accidentally cancelled the reservation and I want it back

I accidentally cancelled the reservation and I want it back

Hi, I accidentally cancelled the reservation and I want it back. I already payed half of the price and it is not refundable. So it makes no sense for me to book it again and pay again. What can i do? There is no "undo" button unfortunately 😞 Is there a way to revive the reservation as it was before with the same condition, same reservation code, etc?

Thanks!

9 Replies 9
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Vitaly18 

Best thing is to contact the host and ask if they would be willing send you a 'special offer' to a new request - that would balance the books in conjunction with the original payment.

There isn't a way to reverse the cancellation, and to cancel 'accidentally' sounds dubious, it's not a one button fat finger job.

Hi, not sure the purpose of this response and the fact you doubt whether my cancellation was intentional or not. Although it is not one step cancellation, still, there are fewer steps than if you do it via Web. While surfing via AirBNB app in iphone i got to that screen and canceled it accidentally. I am really trying to get my reservation back and not even talking about the money which I lost already. Still, appreciate your response. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What did the host and Airbnb say when you contacted them about this @Vitaly18 ?

The host said this cannot be re-enabled. And the AIRBNB never responded over Chat. I approached them about 9 hours ago. When i called them, they said they cannot answer the calls. So i am waiting

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The host is right they can't reinstate the cancellation you made.

When is it for? I thought there was a travel ban in Italy and from Italy. @Vitaly18 

If you want to make a new booking you can do this if their calendar is open and the host can send you a reduced price special offer for your stay, should they wish to.

I highly doubt Airbnb will reinstate your booking.

It's for July so it doesn't fall under Corona-virus special conditions. 
I will have to wait for what AirBNB has to say and then will try to take it with the Host.

Thanks.

@Vitaly18 in this case, you've already gotten your answer. It's entirely up to the host whether they extend a discounted offer to you for a replacement booking. It's also within their rights to decline the rebook, so I would approach this with care. 

Thanks. I am approaching this with care. I have nothing against host or AirBNB. Just trying to minimize my damages. It is quite a lot of money lost for nothing because of stupid mistake. Thanks.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What did the host say when you asked them about a discounted rate for a new booking @Vitaly18 . That should be your starting point.

Airbnb won't be able to over-ride the host on this, or reinstate your booking.