I hate people (today)

Normen0
Level 10
Canada

I hate people (today)

Just a rant!  Had a booking of five people for a Men’s hockey tournament. This should have tipped me off but bookings are low and we needed the income.  
They left the hot tub water destroyed but also overfilled it and dumped a pile of chemicals in it. Six bromine pucks tossed in and god knows how much other chemicals.  All the chemical bottles left out. No business touching them!! 

Here is the worst!  An adult… a grown adult urinated in the bed and completely soaked it and then wrapped all the blankets up in a ball so it soaked all in.  Laundry facilities are provided in this listing. Like what the F!?!??

Then sent a message saying “We tried to clean up. Hope it’s satisfactory.”  Are you kidding me???!   I billed them for $150 for the hot tub and they paid right away. I could not give a pleasant review that’s for sure!  

What the heck is happening with AIRBNB guests??!?  

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Normen0 Ugh - This shows the importance of locking away stuff guests shouldn't use and also waterproof mattress protectors!

Yes!   Thank goodness for waterproof mattress protectors!  You’re right the chemicals should have been locked away.  Just when you think you have everything covered… guests find something new to make a rule about or that needs locking up.  What a pain!   

@Normen0 wrote:

Just when you think you have everything covered… guests find something new to make a rule about or that needs locking up.  What a pain!   

preach!

I once stayed in a lovely airbnb that had a guest manual 100+ pages long. I thought it was ridiculous, but now I know why. 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Nornen0 , Sorry this happened to you, some guests are just losing it . They seem to have forgotten any manners they may have had during covid . H

Karla533
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

So sorry this happened to you. Sounds like drunkenness from here. As a hot tub owner I would drain that tub BTW, not try to save it. 

@Karla533 Oh yes, was drained and cleaned and refilled.  Who knows what was in there.