I have been suddenly banned from Airbnb for no reason and the appeal process isn't showing up?

Kevin3517
Level 1
Timperley, United Kingdom

I have been suddenly banned from Airbnb for no reason and the appeal process isn't showing up?

I have had my account for around 5 years without any issues. I Mmde around 10 bookings in total in that time all with positive feedback, last year I went to France and used Airbnb without any issues. This week I went to make a booking and it initially went through but was shortly thereafter cancelled and my account was suspended. I rang them and they confirmed that the account was suspended and the specific department only handles the cases via email.

Then I receive an email stating:

'After reviewing the available information, we’ve determined that your account should be removed from the Airbnb platform. Removal means that your account will no longer be accessible, and you won’t be able to create another one.

In this case, you haven’t followed our policy on representing yourself authentically. We weren’t able to confirm your identity using the documents you added, or they appear to be falsified or otherwise invalid.'

Why would this happen to me now? I still have the same passport from 5 years ago and haven't got any criminal convictions in that time nor has anyone in my family? 

Then in the email they state you can appeal a request by logging in and following the prompts. I tried this but I cannot see any prompts regarding the appeal process? 

I am willing to provide any and all information/documentation that will help get my account reinstated, but how can I know what to provide if I am given no details on my removal? I have been a long-time user of the platform and have stellar reviews from hosts.

Please provide details of what caused this removal and what you need from me and I will provide. It is plainly incorrect to say that I “haven’t followed your policy on representing myself authentically” and I am willing to confirm my identity by any means possible.

0 Replies 0