I need a different night....

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

I need a different night....

So confused by a recent booking request.

Guest is going to a wedding on a Saturday but the Saturday she wants is not available. She wants to come, bring a dog and a husband and book on a Sunday and a Monday. In her message she said she "really wants" the Saturday. I know for a fact we won't have a cancellation on this one (its blocked for a personal event we are doing.) I say "its very doubtful this will open on the Saturday you desire. Not trying to talk ourselves out of a booking but perhaps it would be best to find a place to stay that fits your dates better?" She doesn't respond to that but merely to the fact that she doesn't know how to update her reservation (she needs to reflect 2 people and not the single person that its for.)

We can't let this guest in on Saturday and I have concerns that if that is the night she really wants, she will push for that. Our check in is noon on Sunday. How would you respond?

30 Replies 30
Fabiola108
Level 2
Boynton Beach, FL

I would respond by saying. "Thank you for your inquiry,  however,  at this time, I cannot accommodate your request, as the dates conflict with what is available. 

Best Regards,